Compare FairPoint Communications
|When You Choose Fairpoint, You Lose these DIRECTV Features:|
Custom Installation Extra
|FREE Premium Channels for 3 months
with qualifying packages
|2014 & 2015 NFL SUNDAY TICKET Included
with Choice™ Package and above
|FREE GENIE® HD DVR Upgrade
Advanced receiver fee required
Cable-tv.com is not affiliated with FairPoint and is operated by DirectStarTV, a DIRECTV authorized dealer.
FairPoint Communications, Inc. is a provider of cable and digital TV, Internet, phone and energy services for residences and businesses in 17 states in the U.S. FairPoint primarily serves states in the Northeast, but also has services available in specific regions in the South, Midwest, Rocky Mountains and Pacific Northwest. FairPoint’s headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
FairPoint Communications Services
FairPoint offers a variety of packages for customers seeking television, high-speed Internet, home phone and energy. For businesses, they provide Internet, voice, video, data networking and voice over Internet protocol (VOIP). These options available for residences include:
FairPoint Communications TV
FairPoint provides certain television services and partners with nationwide providers to offer customized television options for consumers. Packages come from cable, digital or satellite, depending on the customer’s choices and regional availability:
- TV - Using FairPoint, customers can choose from a variety of digital TV packages, with services such as DVR, HDTV and others.
- Satellite TV - FairPoint partners with satellite TV provider DIRECTV to offer customers up to 285 channels, high-definition channels and several satellite TV service packages.
FairPoint Communications Internet
FairPoint customers may select from three different high-speed Internet packages, all of which rely on FairPoint’s fiber network. These packages include:
- 4 Mbps - the smallest package is created for the very casual Internet user. It is ideal to check email, browse the Internet and social media, download music and other light use.
- 15 Mbps - the middle-of-the-road package works for the average user who wants to do all the basic activities, plus video streaming and some online gaming.
- 30 Mbps - this top package provides maximum speed for households with heavy use in streaming, gaming and downloads from computers, tablets and smart phones.
FairPoint Communications Home Phone
FairPoint has telephone plans designed to address the three types of calling customers require: local, national and international. Local calling provides a landline during most power outages. Nationwide service offers the ability to call across the country for the same price as local calls. Customers may add additional services to their phone packages, including international calling, caller ID, call waiting, voicemail, call blocking and call forwarding.
FairPoint Communications Energy
FairPoint offers energy services in Maine and New Hampshire. Due to energy deregulation, customers in these states may choose their energy providers, FairPoint partners with local utilities to offer customers the ability to select from competitive energy supply rates, as well as the type of energy.
FairPoint Communications Availability
FairPoint services are not available in all states, or in all regions in states with accessibility. Currently, customers living in New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington.
Check below to learn more about FairPoint in other areas.
Compare TV Providers
FairPoint Communications customers have the option to choose from a variety of local, digital or satellite providers for their communications needs. Visit FairPoint’s website to see available services and offers by location.
Sources and Research:
Data collected 12/4/2014 from http://www.fairpoint.com/