Compare Time Warner Cable with DIRECTV
Cable-tv.com is not affiliated with Time Warner Cable and is operated by DirectStarTV, a DIRECTV authorized dealer.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable provides digital video services to an estimated 10.8 million residential customers and currently ranks as the nation's second-largest cable TV operator. The company also provides high-speed Internet and phone service.
Time Warner serves homes and businesses in 29 states. For details on TV services that may be available in your area, please refer to the list of states below:
Time Warner Cable Digital Video for the Home
Time Warner offers several TV packages for residential customers along with features such as DVR service, more than 18,000 On Demand titles and High-Definition programming available with every package.
This section provides a general overview of the residential video services. Available channels, equipment and features may vary by package and location.
Digital video packages
Package options cover channel counts ranging from more than 20 to more than 200.
- 20+ channels: Starter TV and Starter TV with HBO®
- 70+ channels: Standard TV
- 200+ channels: Preferred TV, Preferred TV w/ DVR Service and Preferred TV w/ Whole House DVR Service
Channels include local network affiliates, CSPAN, QVC and TBS.
Starter TV with HBO®
Includes Starter TV channels plus HBO® with HBO GO®.
Offers local channels plus ESPN, Cartoon Network, HISTORY and other national networks.
Local channels and national networks including CNN, SundanceTV, Outdoor Channel and Comedy Central, plus more than 40 Music Choice channels. Features include Look Back® and Start Over®
Preferred TV w/ DVR Service
Includes local channels, 40+ Music Choice channels, Destination America, NBC Sports Channel, AMC, Discovery and more. Features include Look Back® and Start Over® plus HD-DVR service.
Preferred TV w/ Whole House DVR Service
Includes local channels, 40+ Music choice channels and national networks such as National Geographic, USA Network, Disney, Military Channel and more. Features include Look Back®, Start Over® and Whole House HD-DVR service.
Time Warner Cable features
A description of some available TV features:
- Look Back® (primetime shows available to watch up to 72 hours after they originally aired) and Start Over® (restart shows in progress). Both are available on select shows from participating networks.
- HD-DVR service - Watch one show live while recording another or record two live shows simultaneously. Pause, rewind and fast-forward live or recorded programs. Record 30 hours or more.
- Whole House HD-DVR - Multi-room recording and playback. Record up to 75 hours of HD programming or 200+ hours of SD programming.
- TWC TV® app, used with partner apps from individual networks, provides TV Everywhere viewing feature for mobile devices.
Premium networks and sports packages
Add-on premium packages available with channels from HBO®, SHOWTIME®, STARZ® and Cinemax®. Add-on sports packages and channels include NFL RedZone, MLB EXTRA INNINGS℠, NBA LEAGUE PASS and NHL® CENTER ICE®.
Comparison Shopping with Time Warner Cable
The marketplace for television service offers consumers a number of options, including satellite TV providers like DIRECTV. Before settling on Time Warner Cable or any particular provider, take some time to look into all the viable alternatives to help ensure that you get the kind of service you want.
Sources and Research:
Data collected 11/19/2014 from http://www.timewarnercable.com/