Compare Blue Ridge Communications
Blue Ridge Communications is a telecommunications company that was originally founded in the 1950s under the name "Palmerton TV Signal Corporation." As technology has continued to expand in the decades since, so have the offerings that Blue Ridge provides to millions of customers. In addition to cable television, Blue Ridge is also a provider of high-speed Internet services, home phone services and more. Blue Ridge is a regional provider of these services, currently serving much of central Pennsylvania and the area known as the Poconos.
Blue Ridge Services
Blue Ridge communications offers a wide range of different services designed to meet the needs of both residential and commercial customers within its operating area. The services that Blue Ridge account holders have access to currently include:
Digital Cable TV
Blue Ridge digital cable television offerings are currently separated into a number of different packages based on factors like the number of available channels, the total number of high definition channels and other extra features. These packages include:
- Digital Basic +, which includes over 300 different channels as well as free installation in your home. This package includes a number of premium channels including BBC America, Boomerang and others.
- HDTV +, which includes 125 channels and also comes with free installation. NFL RedZone is an additional premium channel that HDTV + customers can add onto their account.
Blue Ridge high-speed Internet offerings are currently separated into six different packages with varying upload and download speeds. Customers can choose from the following packages based on their existing bandwidth requirements:
- Web Surfer, which features download rates of 1.5 MBPS and upload rates of 384 KBPS. This package is ideal for casual Internet users.
- G5, which features download rates of 5 MBPS and upload rates of 384 KBPS. This package is ideal for customers with more than one computer in a home.
- G10, which features download rates of 10 MBPS and upload rates of 800 KBPS. This package is ideal for users who need a reliable, fast Internet connection at all times.
- G15, which features download rates of 15 MBPS and upload rates of 2 MBPS. This package is ideal for customers who may own a number of mobile devices like tablets.
- Dream 60, which features download rates of 60 MBPS and upload rates of 3 MBPS. This package is ideal for customers who do a lot of HD video streaming or online game playing.
- Dream 100, which features download rates of 100 MBPS and upload rates of 5 MBPS. This package is ideal for customers who do a lot of bandwidth-intensive activities and want to experience a blazing fast connection at all times.
Home Phone Services
Blue Ridge Communications' home phone service offerings feature unlimited local and long distance lines, enabling customers to call within the United States, Canada, the US Virgin Islands and other locations without racking up additional fees. Extra features like caller identification, call blocking, anonymous call rejection, caller ID on your PC or television set, selecting call ringing and more are also available as additional items within a package.
Blue Ridge Availability
Because Blue Ridge Communications is a regional provider of its telecommunications services, it is not currently available in all 50 United States. The current Blue Ridge operating area is much of the central region in Pennsylvania and the Poconos. Check out the list below for the locations in which Blue Ridge provides service.
Compare Internet Services
Before signing a contract or purchasing agreement with any services provider, it's always important to compare to make sure that you're getting the features that are right for you. Comparison shopping is also a great way to make sure that you're only paying the best rates for these services.
Sources and Research:
Data collected on 12/3/14 from: http://www.brctv.com/