Cable-tv.com is not affiliated with Cablevision and is operated by DirectStarTV, a DIRECTV authorized dealer.
Cablevision provides TV, Internet and phone service to the residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Since opening its doors in 1973, Cablevision has risen to become one of the most popular and powerful cable companies in the country. Today, Cablevision services both residents and businesses throughout the Tri-State Area.
Cablevision has a wide variety of product offerings, including multiple TV, phone and Internet packages. Cablevision also offers different packages for residential and business customers. Cablevision’s residential offerings include:
Cablevision Cable TV
Cablevision has multiple tiers for its cable services, enabling customers to pick the package that suits their needs best. Cablevision’s service tiers include:
- Optimum Value - includes broadcast channels as well as common cable channels, such as ESPN, CNN and TBS.
- Optimum Preferred - includes all channels from the Optimum Value tier as well as selected premium movie and sports channels.
- Optimum Gold - allows viewers to access all channels offered by Cablevision.
Cablevision has many different levels of Internet speed, ranging from conventional high-speed Internet to faster speeds. Cablevision’s Internet offerings include:
- Optimum Online - this 15/5Mbps package is geared towards basic users who mainly use the Internet for email and Web browsing.
- Optimum Online Ultra 50 - a 50/25 Mbps speed is ideal for gamers and for viewers who want to use streaming services like Netlix in high-definition.
- Optimum Online Ultra 101 - Cablevision’s fastest speed is a 101/35 Mbps connection that is designed for households with multiple streaming devices going at once.
Cablevision Home Phone
Cablevision offers two phone plans, both of which are only available to Cablevision Internet customers. Optimum Voice includes unlimited nationwide calling and Internet phone calls. Optimum Voice World Call includes 250 minutes of international calls that can be made to any country in the world.
Based on Long Island, Cablevision’s main focus is the metropolitan New York region, including New York City and Long Island. Cablevision also services upstate New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Click on a state below to get more info:
Compare Television Providers
Cablevision is just one cable provider available to customers. TV viewers and Internet users may have additional options, depending on the area in which they live. More information about each cable provider can be found on their website.
Sources and Research
Data collected 11/26/2014 from http://www.cablevision.com