Charter Communications provides cable TV, Internet and phone services to 29 states in the South, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, West and Midwest regions. The company was founded in St. Louis, Missouri in 1993 and expanded services to parts of California, Texas and other states over the next 5 years. Charter has three corporate offices, which are located in Stamford, Connecticut, St. Louis and Denver, Colorado.
Charter Communications offers different packages for their residential cable TV, Internet and phone services. The company also offers business phone, TV and Internet services in some areas. Charter’s residential services include:
Charter Cable TV
Charter offers three Spectrum TV packages to choose from. Each package comes with a certain number of channels and other features. The exact details for each package vary depending on the service area. Charter’s Spectrum TV packages include:
- Select - offers more than 125 channels, including local programming and a few popular channels, such as Discovery and ESPN. Select also includes access to more than 10,000 On Demand choices and a DVR service option.
- Silver - includes the same channels as the Select package, as well as 50 additional channels, including Nick Jr. and the NFL Network, free HD channels and premier channel subscriptions, such as HBO® and Cinemax®.
- Gold - includes Select and Silver channels, plus 25 additional channels, including the Outdoor Channel and NFL RedZone. The Gold package also offers up to 10 digital networks on the go and premier channel subscriptions, such as STARZ® and Encore®.
Charter customers have two Internet packages with varying speeds to choose from. Each package comes with a free modem and provides up to 10 email addresses and three Charter Security Suite keys at no additional charge.
- Plus - provides up to 30Mbps download speed and 4Mbps upload speed, which allows users to download music and photos, stream videos and play online games
- Ultra - provides up to 100Mbps download speed and 5Mbps upload speed, which allows multiple users to play online games with even faster streaming, share large files and watch videos
Charter Home Phone
Charter offers a Spectrum Voice package that includes 24/7 voicemail, call screening, caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding and several other features. It also includes unlimited local and long distance calling in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Charter also offers international calling options, such as everyday low rates or the Worldwide 250 Calling Plan, which offers 250 minutes of calling time to 195 countries for a monthly fee.
Charter packages are only available in certain locations. Charter TV offers services in several states, including Alabama, California, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin.
Click on a state below to learn more.
|Nebraska||Nevada||New York||North Carolina|
Compare TV Providers
Customers have several television providers to choose from in addition to Charter. In order to find the right TV provider, customers must compare the packages that are offered, the deals that are available and the types of service offered in their area. Visit Charter’s website for more information about the company’s services, locations and offers.
Sources and Research
Data collected 11/26/2014 from https://www.charter.com/browse/content/about-charter?intcmp=footer_charterinfo_about